Background

Friday, May 5, 2017

13 Week Update...

I am still in awe we've made it this far. It's hard to believe but I'm starting to feel a little more like this is real. I'm really pregnant. Almost through first trimester. I'm 13 week 4 days. It's really happening.

I can't tell you how great it is to be seen every week and get reassurance baby is still in there bouncing around. I am so grateful for these appointments.

I saw Dr Ball the perinatal doctor yesterday and everything looks great. Cervix still at a good length. He said let's hope for a boring pregnancy. I am all for a boring uneventful pregnancy! I start the progesterone injection his week, which I'll do once a week in Dr. Denson office.

Dr. Ball told me that research has shown that injection progesterone is better for preterm labor and progesterone suppository is better for shortened weak cervix.  Who knew? He said they'll see me back in 2 weeks then weekly after that until we get past the scary stage.

Baby looks great and has a 3 vein umbilical cord. Which is good. Heart rate was 159. I was able to see baby has all fingers and toes and lungs, stomach, bladder, kidneys, heart chambers, spine, just amazing.


Did you know babies intestines and stomach and such buldge into umbilical cord in early pregnancy because there is no room for them all in the tiny abdomen and then move down into the abdomen? So amazing.

It's just such a miracle how they grow. It such a testimony to me that God is over all and how amazing our bodies are.

So next update will be in 2 weeks. So far everything is as it should be and I'm grateful. Thanks for following along and for the continued prayers of love and support.

Also doctor told us he's 80% sure the gender  but we are waiting to be 100% sure before spilling the beans ;) I think we will know for sure at the next appointment. Do you have  any guesses?

5 comments:

  1. My guess is a boy. And we keep you in our prayers. Amazing how much clearer ultra sounds are these days 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...but really think it's a boy...����

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL!!! I am so very happy for you!! What a blessing!! Love and prayers are coming your way!! The ultrasound pictures are just beautiful! Excited!!

    ReplyDelete