Background

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Abdominal cerclage...


Dr. Denson did some extra research and talked to an old colleague that does a lot of these and he said he thought we could do it and place it higher and use some of the lower uterine tissue instead of the upper cervix.

So since I had met my out of pocket max last year we decided to go ahead and place an abdominal cerclage since it'd be free. It was a just in case we get pregnant miraculously (not that that's likely) but if I did and didn't have it in place I'd feel awful.

I had it done on 12/19 and everything went smoothly for the most part. I was just sore and tired and had to limit my weight lifting to 10lbs for a couple weeks. I had to stay overnight because I was coughing up blood after I came too and my oxygen was low so they had me on oxygen. They said I bit down on the tube when I was waking up and it caused them to scrape my throat so they think that was what the blood was from.

It was done laproscopic and robot assisted. Honestly I was so nervous of the gas pain that comes in your shoulder after surgery especially because I had some MAJOR pain with that after my egg retrievals but I didn't have any and actually felt pretty good compared to that and was very grateful.



This website is helpful to understand who may benefit from having one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment