Background

Monday, May 30, 2016

Our Angel baby Jayden


Happy 7th birthday to our sweet angel Jayden! We love you and are so grateful for our marriage in the temple so we can be together forever. What a blessing it is to know we will see you again. 



Grayson hugging Jayden's grave


On May 24 2009, I went into preterm labor. I was about 22 weeks along.  I thought our sweet boy was just laying in an uncomfortable position but I was actually having contractions. I went to the hospital because I had some bleeding and they sent me home because I only had one contraction while I was there and our baby's heart rate was  fine. I continued to have contractions all night and went back to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and I was fully dilated. 

We called our families and told them the news (mine and Neal's parents both came down the next day) and Brother Sanders from our bishopric came that very day and gave me and Jayden a blessing. We were at peace and knew the Lord was with us.

I was in the hospital for 5 days. They put my bed in recline with my head down  and my feet up so they could take pressure off the cervix and put me on terbutaline and morphine to try and slow down the contractions. When that stopped working they had me take this pill Nifedipine (I think  is what it was...I can't remember it's name) but it worked and I had a really good day and half to 2 days but I could only take it for those 2 days. They let me do the steroid injection to help his little lungs develop  and then they had me back on terbutaline and then on Friday night I had to do the last resort medication which was magnesium sulfate. 



 1:59 AM on May 30, 2009 we welcomed our sweet son Jayden into our lives and he was just too small to pull through.  He was 1 lb 2 oz and 12 inches. He was perfect! He lived 40 minutes and it was the sweetest yet most bitter time for us. It was such a sacred time to feel Heaven so close and our sweet son there with us.   The hardest thing was to leave the hospital with full hearts and empty arms.   



He is still very much a part of our lives and there isn't a day that goes by that we don't think of him. We started a non-profit organization "Calling All Angels" in honor of him where we donate baby blankets to local hospitals around his birthday each year. 

 I was pretty loopy from meds during this time but my sister Holly wrote a few little updates on our family blog during this time so feel free to read it if you want here: Neal and Angie Blog  and just click on the label Jayden.


No comments:

Post a Comment