Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Scope

I'm sure you've all been biting your nails  waiting to know how the scope went Tuesday.

This is what went down. I got to the office at 8:30am with my rock of a husband Neal since I had to have a driver. They had me take my meds (Valium, phenegren, and hydrocodone) and I waited about 30 min for them to kick in.

I went back to the procedure room and they got me all set up in stirrups and prepped the camera scope and such. Dr. Denson then gave me a cervical block and toradol shots in my cervix to numb it up (the shots were the worst part of the procedure) and all the sudden I felt my  happy meds kick in. I seriously would've told anyone anything and held nothing back--I swear that concoction of pills is like a truth serum. 

Dr. Denson let me watch the screen while he did the hysteroscope and everything was looking normal and then he found a little polyp in front of my right fallopian tube opening. (Looked like a little mini uvula--that thing hanging down the back of your throat). So we decided to go ahead and do a light D&C  since I was feeling no pain and try and remove the polyp.

Dr. Denson said polyps usually don't cause miscarriage but rather prevent implantation.
So scrapey scrapey he went and then we did the scope again to make sure he got it and he did. They sent the tissue he got off to be tested and he had to put a small stitch on the outside of my cervix since one of the tools he was using to hold the cervix in place made a little scrape.

This is what the camera scope looks like and what they do. Sorry for the graphic nature of this post!

During the procedure they squirt saline inside to fill the uterus so they can get a better look and I just felt all the dribbling down my back end which Dr. Denson said is normal. But half way through the nurses were having to put more mats down because it was dripping  on the floor. πŸ˜¨πŸ˜·πŸ™ˆ

After it was over the nurses were cleaning up and since the sheet covering me was dirty they handed me some paper towel like things and I got to waddle bum naked  with the cloth between my legs to prevent further dripping to the bathroom...mortifying...absolutely mortifying... but I said to make things light it's not like you haven't seen this all already. Let me just crawl in a hole please.πŸ™ˆ

I asked Dr. Denson to talk with Neal and tell him what he found since I was a little dopey. As he chatted I thought of a very important question. How long did we have to wait to do "it". πŸ˜‰ I was informed 2 weeks. I turned to Neal and said "Sorry Babe"  and as the statement was  coming out I realized how embarrassing I was being but like I said truth serum was in my system.

I was done by 10am. And didn't have much cramping or bleeding the rest of the day just super tired and loopy from meds.

I should be recovered by my transfer July 11 and so here's to hoping by finding that polyp I'll have a good transfer and not miscarry like the past 2 IVF cycles.

Thank you for your prayers and kindness on our behalf. I have had many tender mercies and I know it's because of all the prayers. Wish I could hug you all individually. You are all so wonderful ❤


  1. Cheers to happy meds, rock solid hubby's, and t o hopefully finding out what's going on. You are amazing sweet girl. It was fun bumping into your cute face!

  2. Cheers to happy meds, rock solid hubby's, and t o hopefully finding out what's going on. You are amazing sweet girl. It was fun bumping into your cute face!

  3. Ang, you make me laugh! Gotta love truth serum. I hope this is the answer to your frustrations. We'll continue to pray for you guys!

  4. Haha, Goya love that truth serum. Hoping and praying everything goes well!